A true master of the trade, we have been partnering with the freight and logistics industry since 1995, resulting in deep expertise of the talent and opportunities the industry has to offer.
|Industry:||Occupational Health & Safety|
|Job Published:||June 20, 2022|
Solid organisation, well established shipping line, offering friendly and supportive culture - CBD location.
About the Role
To ensure safety of the vessels by facilitating, delivering and supporting improvements in policy, procedures and training. The role also provides administrative support in managing vessel employees.
Some of the key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Develop training documents and facilitate safety training on board, doing short trips to carry out intensive safety campaigns on company policies / procedures
- Organise and facilitate required training ashore, including annual Safety Awareness Course training for all crew
- Monitor and keep records of required internal training.
- Monitor onboard safety meetings - provide feedback to senior officers to improve safety standards / safety culture on vessels
- Join vessel for short trips to monitor crew safety to ensure competence to agreed standards
- On board safety monitoring during layups and dockings
- Monitor safety procedures for work carried out in loading/unloading of cargoes on vessels and in port areas.
- Work with relevant parties (port authorities, stevedoring companies) to ensure that safety requirements are continually met
- Assist with the administration of crew manning for the NZ vessels, including recruitment of permanent/relief crew and travel arrangements
- Provide weekend or leave cover to NZDPA or Ship Manager for specific tasks, as required
- Handle other duties or assignments as directed by Ship
- Previous experience managing safety within an industrial environment - in particular would suit Construction or Forestry background.
- Tertiary/technical qualification in OHS preferred
- Experience in maritime safety an advantage
- Knowledge of health and safety acts and regulations, and how to interpret them
- Experience and Knowledge of Shipping or operations - ideal but not essential
- Excellent facilitation, written and oral communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Experience providing training to workers and adult learners
What's in it for you
Excellent company, strong in the shipping industry, work stability - friendly culture.
Varied and challenging role with good autonomy
Opportunity to put your H&S expertise to valuable use
Gateway into Shipping industry
How to apply
The first step is to apply online via this job ad. If possible, please submit your CV in Microsoft Word. Alternatively, you can call Yvonne on 0221757329 if you have any questions.
Some FACTS about Team Recruitment…
• We’ve been matching people with careers in Freight and Supply Chain Logistics for over 27 years!
• 79% of our jobs are filled with people from our existing network
• Our consultants have an average of 15 years’ recruiting experience
• Over half of our team have worked in F&SCL… so we get it! Learn more about us here - www.teamrecruitment.co.nz