A true master of the trade, we have been partnering with the freight and logistics industry since 1995, resulting in deep expertise of the talent and opportunities the industry has to offer.
|Industry:||Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics|
|Job Published:||April 14, 2021|
Our client is a trusted partner of local and regional businesses, generating opportunities and employment through global procurement and coordination. Our client provides solutions through their global networks to protect the well-being of all communities. Working around the principle of sustainable and socially responsible development they also support initiatives that provide funds for education and youth programs, disaster relief and charity. They have a very high ethical standard, and offer a great stable working environment.
About the Role
Ideally, this role is situated in Palmerston North at the Head Office, but the beauty of it is that it can be based in one of the many offices in the North Island, including Auckland. The requirement is for a senior Supply Chain Manager, who will be responsible for the complete management and oversight of the supply chain and logistics strategy and operations. Key relationships will be built developing vendors and distributors, so a high level of communication and relationship building skills will be required.
Some of the key activities of this role are:
- Optimisation of the supply chain process
- Reviewing pricing strategies for all products
- Reviewing supplier contracts
- Managing the delivery of revenue and profit targets
- Analysing issues/problems and coming up with sound solutions
- Maintaining strong relationships with customers and industry representatives as well as with vendors and suppliers
- Preparing and implementing business plans
There is a very attractive remuneration package offered for this position. There will be overseas (once the borders are open) and national travel required, but not excessive.
This organisation operates to a very high professional standard in everything they do. They have a high degree of moral integrity and work hard to achieve results. They genuinely care about their people and strive to provide the highest quality in all of their products and services for their clients.
Skills & Experience
In order to be considered for this exciting opportunity, you will need to have the following:
- Experience in supply chain leadership at a high level - ideally in a manufacturing environment
- Strong management and people skills
- Good ability to work with numbers and spreadsheets
- Planning skills
- Change management and ability to lead through difficult times
- Strong optimisation of supply chains on large scale, including overseas supply
- Competency with using supply chain management software such as SAP MM, AP Modules, SAP Plant Maintenance, etc and ERP systems.
- Demonstrated success in project management with ability to balance creative ideas within allowed budget.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage sensitive issues and deliver to tight deadlines.
This is a unique opportunity to join an organisation that works to a very high standard, and who looks after its employees well. They have successfully built a strong customer base that is loyal to them, and they pride themselves on sourcing the best quality. This role will suit someone who is passionate about adding value and achieving highly in the role.
I would love to speak with you if you believe you meet the criteria and are interested, so please apply using the online link or call Yvonne on 022 175 7329 for a confidential discussion.