A true master of the trade, we have been partnering with the freight and logistics industry since 1995, resulting in deep expertise of the talent and opportunities the industry has to offer.
|Location:||Airport Oaks, Auckland|
|Industry:||Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics|
|Job Published:||February 11, 2020|
The Company: An international freight forwarding company that has a solid global history spanning over 100 years. They specialise in import & export for general cargo, full containers and conventional loads and manage the end to end process which includes customs clearance and deliveries.
The Role: We are seeking a Customs Supervisor to lead a team of three customs broklers. The ideal candidate will have sound customs experience and the ability to classify a broad range of commodities and mentor a junior and intermediate broker.
- Classifying and compiling a broad range of commodities
- Liaise directly with NZ Customs on tariff classification, duty concessions and duty refunds
- Liaising with MPI regarding BACC compliance
- Keeping up to date with any customs and MPI regulatory chances
- Exercising a controlling role in regards to the utilisation of the companies deferred payment account
- Provide consultation to both sales staff & clients covering NZ customs requirements or tariff
- Mentoring and training of an intermediate and junior customs broker
- 5+ years customs brokerage experience
- Great understanding of NZ Customs and MPI regulations
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Mentoring skills and a great team player
- Cargowise experience is preferred
If you are seeking a new challenge, enjoy working in a team environment, mentoring staff members and taking on more of a leadership role, this could be yours.