A true master of the trade, we have been partnering with the freight and logistics industry since 1995, resulting in deep expertise of the talent and opportunities the industry has to offer.
|Industry:||Rail & Maritime Transport|
|Job Published:||December 21, 2020|
The Company: A well established family friendly NZ exporter who is well known for their expertise in forestry & log exports throughout Australia and Asia.
The role: We are currently on the look out for an East Coast Manager to manage and coordinate the supply, loading and port operations of log exports out of Gisborne and Napier ports.
- Manage the Gisborne and Napier Port Operations
- Work closely and manage the activities of the Log Marshalling company
- Maximise storage for logs on and off the port
- Vessel scheduling, monitor arrivals and work to minimise or avoid congestion
- Ensure cargo is in stock and available for loading, supervise and coordinate all service providers to ensure the ship is loaded safely, accurately and efficiently.
- Work closely with Procurement and Operations Managers
- Manage key suppliers to ensure a steady flow of supply, monitor cargo deliveries
- Work closely with the port service providers on H&S, KPI's and incidents
Skills & experience:
- Experience in Port Operations in a supervisory or management role.
- Forestry and export operations experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Has the ability to build strong relationships with both internal and external parties.
This is a sole charge position based in Gisborne, but you will have full support from the Tauranga office, in addition you will receive a full induction and training to support a smooth transition into the role?
Do you reside in Gisborne or are you simply ready to re-locate?
For more information, apply online to Rosalee Fitisemanu.
I will be on leave from the 24th Dec - 11th January 2021, all applications will be reviewed after this date.