A true master of the trade, we have been partnering with the freight and logistics industry since 1995, resulting in deep expertise of the talent and opportunities the industry has to offer.
|Industry:||Import/Export & Customs|
|Job Published:||October 07, 2021|
Providing excellent service offerings to there clients across the supply chain.
The role: We are seeking an experienced Customs Supervisor to support and manage a team of 7 customs brokers and 2 compilers.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day customs team functions
- Supervise and support the customs team ensuring workflow and productivity is maintained.
- Maintain and enhance current SOP's as required
- Conduct monthly team meetings
- Manage annual and sick leave
- Prepare customs entries, classify commodities and concessions where applicable
- Liaise and comply with NZ Customs, MPI, NZFSA, NZTA regulations
- Liaise directly with clients and internal parties
- Minimum 3 years experience supervising customs operations.
- Have a current NZ Customs declaration code and pin number.
- Have knowledge of NZ Customs and MPI regulations and procedures
- Sound international freight forwarding experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to mentor a team and provide a positive environment.
- Experience using Cargowise preferred but not essential.
Interested? apply on line to Rosalee Fitisemanu