A true master of the trade, we have been partnering with the freight and logistics industry since 1995, resulting in deep expertise of the talent and opportunities the industry has to offer.
|Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics
|November 20, 2023
providing excellent service offerings to their clients across the entire supply chain.
The role: We are seeking an experienced Customs Manager or a Customs Supervisor who is looking for that step up into management, to support and manage a team of 6 customs brokers and 2 compilers.
Duties & responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day customs team functions
- Supervise and support the customs team ensuring work flow and productivity is maintained.
- Maintain and enhance current SOP's as required
- Conduct monthly team meetings
- Prepare customs entries, classify commodities and concessions where applicable
- Manage compliance with NZ Customs, MPI, NZFSA, NZTA regulations
- Liaise directly with clients and internal parties
- Minimum 5 years experience supervising or management experience specifically in customs operations.
- Have a current NZ Customs declaration code and pin number.
- Sound knowledge of NZ Customs and MPI regulations and procedures
- Sound international freight forwarding experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- The ability to mentor a team and provide a positive environment.
- Experience using Cargowise preferred but not essential.
To find out more, apply online to Rosalee Fitisemanu