A true master of the trade, we have been partnering with the freight and logistics industry since 1995, resulting in deep expertise of the talent and opportunities the industry has to offer.
|Industry:||Import/Export & Customs|
|Job Published:||November 11, 2020|
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work for a large exporting company, who have state of the art offices based in the heart of Auckland City. This well-established company is one of the largest exporters in New Zealand with offices nationwide and across the globe. They have an excellent culture throughout the business and pride themselves on providing excellent service.
The Role: There is a large export focus in their breakbulk department across New Zealand and Australia; we are seeking an experienced Export Manager to manage a small team, operations administration, preparation and processes of export documentation and compliance.
- Manage a small team of export documentation coordinators, ensuring the workload is allocated across the team to provide excellent service levels.
- Manage systems and administration processes related to bulk exports across New Zealand and Australia.
- Prepare purchase orders in the system for all export vendors.
- Manage all export customs and biosecurity documentation including record maintenance for audits.
- Monitor letter of credits ensuring they are compliant and are consistent with the sales agreement.
- Ensuring all export documentation is compliant with letter of credits, work closely with external bankers to ensure all information is accurate and received in a timely manner.
- Monitor all incoming payments and allocate payments to required cost centres for the finance team.
- Work closely with the Operations Manager (Bulk) on freight payments and the release of bills of lading.
Skills & Attributes:
- 5 + years' experience in export documentation, ideally working with breakbulk freight.
- A proven track record leading an export team in a supervisory or management role.
- Proficient in using Prodoc and Microsoft Excel, SAP is preferred but not essential
- Process and system driven
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong team player, offering support and motivation to the team.
- Experience working with letter of credits and banks
- Strong attention to detail especially working with accounting systems
This is a fantastic opportunity to bring your export management experience to this business that is always moving forward. A great team and great culture where you are a pivotal member of the team and really matter. This is a great chance to turn 2020 around, if you have the skills we are seeking and are wanting to hear more, apply on line to Rosalee